Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Guests Are About To Arrive

Our guests are almost here. I think I should talk a little about them.

Randall Monroe. He's a prosecuting attorney. A bit more moral than- well- most any other lawyer, but he's a hard-ass and isn't afraid to manipulate the evidence.

Jonah Reed. He's a mess. Been out of work for years after he said "hello" to Mr. Heroin. Well, Jonah, how much would you give for a warm bed and some food?

Dinah Sorenson. Schoolteacher. Very nice young lady, I suppose. Really, I just chose her because we need the smart one on the team, don't we?

Gabriel Mandale- Government man. I've heard that he does not enjoy playing "by the book". A regular MacArthur, I see. Always bypassing his superiors for his own agenda. I wonder how he'll react to the situation.

Father Macaulay Daniels- Priest. Very religious man. I wonder if he'll try to exorcise the demon... in which case I will laugh in his face. But he has been invited to this house, and so I shall respect him.

Christina Andrews- A young policewoman. She's been hardened and desensitized to violence through her years as a cop, and has seen terrible things. Never took a bribe. Let's see if I can't change both.

Oh. I see the first headlights in the driveway. Well, Harry, we have to be off now. Get the knife. It's time.

Scared? Don't worry, Harry. It's fine. You're afraid of death? Wise. But it's okay.

You'll live on through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment