Sunday, February 3, 2013

Two Men Down

Christina here. Things have escalated quite a bit.

Let me see if I can try to remember things.

We held a meeting in the upstairs balcony overlooking his large dining hall. We tried to piece things together, then people became suspicious of each other. The tensions only increased when Father Daniels started spouting something about demons and changelings. I couldn't catch a word, but the term "Twelve" came up from the crooked lawyer, Randall, and suddenly Father Daniels starts interrogating him on where he heard that name. I forced him back to his seat, but then I saw something slip out of the pack he was wearing on his back. It was a book, leather bound and boasting a large symbol of... what looks like the Roman numeral for 20 or two hourglasses, I think, and it said, "To Cherubim", or something along those lines.

He was a little too hasty to put it back in his pack. Randall suddenly jumped out and picked up the book. Mandale tried to stop him, but Randall told him to shut his mouth and leave, which, to my surprise, Mandale did. Miss Sorenson also silently backed to the far wall. Jonah was sitting calmly, eyebrow raised in confusion. Randall started flipping through the pages, then shouted and dropped the book. Looking inside...

It was pictures of three children, all with skull-emblazened daggers in their chests. This was a major case in the area. Multiple homicides with suspected cult ties. I remember eyeing Daniels then. Really hard. He seemed to shrink in fear and sneer in triumph at the same time.

Randall asked what in God's name was wrong with him. Daniels replied something about him not knowing God at all. At this point my gun was raised on him. He sneered and said that we couldn't kill him, that he knew what this being was, that he's "fought" things like these before...

and that's all the time he had before a shot rang out, not from my gun, and completely sever the corrotid artery. The room was mass commotion, and... hang on, Randall's complaining about me taking too long on the laptop...

back. Anyways, the room was in mass commotion, and I did a quick head count. Mandale wasn't here, but he left the room. Sorinson was screaming in the back corner, and Randall was tripping over himself trying to flee... the one person other than Mandale I didn't see in the room was Jonah.

I saw him as I left the Dining Hall, crouched over the laptop, typing quickly, .22 pistol still in his hand. He pressed the ENTER key as I fired at him. He dodged out of the way and right into Mandale. I think I heard Jonah's neck break.

We're all here now... I think it would be better for us if we all tried just... using this as a way to get ou all the stress. I don't know. If filing police reports taught me anything, turning feelings and emotions into plain, hard facts doesn't keep the nightmares that you see on the job away, nothing will.

I have to get off now. Fuck, this post is huge. I'll try to... rest a bit, I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment